p:ear is looking for a board treasurer
I bet you have.
p:ear Bike Works is looking for a dynamic individual to manage, grow and help develop our social purpose enterprise community bike shop. In partnership with the Rosewood Initiative, p:ear Bike Works will help support Portland’s Eastside communities, providing low cost, low barrier access to bike education, repair and sales of refurbished bicycles and parts. Our shop is located within the Rosewood Initiative building at 16126 SE Stark St.
p:ear seeks board members who are dedicated to the mission of the organization, and who will actively participate in providing expertise, skills and financial support to ensure the growth and sustainability of p:ear.
p:ear respects and celebrates the diversity, creativity and strength of the p:ear community. Equity and inclusion are a priority across all parts of our organization. We are committed to using our time and resources to help identify and eliminate disparities based on identity and to promoting equitable access to our programs so we can all live in the world we want for our young people.
Send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
ROLE of the BOARD
The principal role of the board of directors is the creation and stewardship of resources, policy and effortsfocused on the organization’s mission.
RESPONSIBILITIES of BOARD MEMBERS
- Serve for a minimum of two years.
- Attend all scheduled board meetings.
- Serve on a committee and/or a project team as needed
- Participate in adopting the annual budget and monitoring the organization’s financial statements.
- Participate in development and promotion of fund raising activities, including hosting a table at p:earblossoms, (our annual fundraising event) as well as the annual fall event.
- Participate in major benefit functions and special events.
- Participate in recruitment, orientation and continued involvement of board members, including evaluation of board performance.
- Support the development and implementation of a long range operational / strategic plan.
- Participate in the review and approval of policy changes as needed.
BOARD TREASURER ROLE
The Treasurer serves as the Chair of the Finance Committee and provides focused support to the organization in overseeing the management and reporting of p:ear’s finances. The treasurer is responsible for:
A. Annual Budget Support:
- Working with leadership to develop an annual budget
- Coordinating Annual Audit
B. Bi-Monthly Budget Review and Reporting:
- Guidance, Review and Reporting to the Board for organizational budgets
- Supporting / maintaining p:ear’s fiscal policies to ensure the financial integrity of the organization.
D. Strategic Investing and Visioning
- Developing Investment and Savings Policies and Strategies for long-term financial health of the organization