p:ear is looking for a board treasurer
As we sink into summer session with our community’s most vulnerable young people, we’d like to send a sincere thank you to our donors and sponsors for the generous contributions they've made to p:ear this year.
We are looking for a new Safe Space / Floor Coordinator to join our team. Read the full job description here!
We are SO EXCITED to announce the opening of p:ear Bike Works, our new bike repair and repurposed bike shop in East Portland.
ROLE of the BOARD
The principal role of the board of directors is the creation and stewardship of resources, policy and effortsfocused on the organization’s mission.
RESPONSIBILITIES of BOARD MEMBERS
- Serve for a minimum of two years.
- Attend all scheduled board meetings.
- Serve on a committee and/or a project team as needed
- Participate in adopting the annual budget and monitoring the organization’s financial statements.
- Participate in development and promotion of fund raising activities, including hosting a table at p:earblossoms, (our annual fundraising event) as well as the annual fall event.
- Participate in major benefit functions and special events.
- Participate in recruitment, orientation and continued involvement of board members, including evaluation of board performance.
- Support the development and implementation of a long range operational / strategic plan.
- Participate in the review and approval of policy changes as needed.
BOARD TREASURER ROLE
The Treasurer serves as the Chair of the Finance Committee and provides focused support to the organization in overseeing the management and reporting of p:ear’s finances. The treasurer is responsible for:
A. Annual Budget Support:
- Working with leadership to develop an annual budget
- Coordinating Annual Audit
B. Bi-Monthly Budget Review and Reporting:
- Guidance, Review and Reporting to the Board for organizational budgets
- Supporting / maintaining p:ear’s fiscal policies to ensure the financial integrity of the organization.
D. Strategic Investing and Visioning
- Developing Investment and Savings Policies and Strategies for long-term financial health of the organization