Marketing and Development Strategist Job Announcement
p:ear seeks board members who are dedicated to the mission of the organization, and who will actively participate in providing expertise, skills and financial support to ensure the growth and sustainability of p:ear.
p:ear respects and celebrates the diversity, creativity and strength of the p:ear community. Equity and inclusion are a priority across all parts of our organization. We are committed to using our time and resources to help identify and eliminate disparities based on identity and to promoting equitable access to our programs so we can all live in the world we want for our young people.
Send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Continually building and strengthening the community that surrounds p:ear
- Utilizing owned, earned, and paid channels to ensure that audiences around our organization feel connected to the culture and sense of community that is tangibly present within its walls.
- Elevating p:ear’s unique and distinctive programs, events and social enterprise businesses to continually grow their base of support
- Acknowledging and celebrating p:ear youth and supporters
- Inspiring a pipeline of new supporters
- Must have a minimum combination of 4 years experience or demonstrated ability in the following:
o Grant writing, Donor cultivation and fundraising, Event Planning, Managing and implementing social media campaigns, Website management
- Must be a positive and strong role model, have a collaborative, team-oriented work style, and strong strategic and problem-solving skills
- Must be committed to non-violent and compassionate responses
- Must have awareness of one’s own identity, an understanding of differences, and an excitement about building relationships cross-culturally
- Commitment to advancing equity and inclusion and creating and maintaining a diverse environment
- Ability to learn and build on the varying cultural and community norms of p:ear youth and the p:ear donor community
To apply: email resume, cover letter to email@example.com. Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted starting June 8th.
Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted starting June 8th.
p:ear builds positive relationships with homeless and transitional youth through education, art and recreation to affirm personal worth and create meaningful and healthy lives.
p:ear respects and celebrates the diversity, creativity and strength of our community. Equity and inclusion are a priority across all parts of our organization. We are committed to using our time and resources to help identify and eliminate disparities based on identity and to promote equitable access to our programs so we can all live in the world we want for our young people.
POSITION TITLE: Marketing and Development Strategist
CONTRACT POSITION: $25/hr 20-30h/week, with the potential of transitioning to Salaried Position
REPORTS TO: p:ear’s Development Director
POSITION DESCRIPTION: As a central member of the p:ear team, the Marketing and Development Strategisthelps make p:ear’s work possible by:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
o Create and implement an annual marketing plan with an active
daily/weekly/monthly marketing calendar.
o Create all content working in collaboration with p:ear leadership and staff
(website, social media, e-newsletter, email and print materials).
o Maintain current organizational system of p:ear’s brand assets including logos, graphic files, and photography.
o Write and distribute press releases to traditional and non-traditional media outlets and be the main point of contact for media inquiries.
o Track and report on social and digital engagement and continually calibrate marketing approach.
o Oversee design of core brand communication pieces, as well as event marketing graphics.
Development Works with Development Director to strategize and cultivate all funding sources,
Specific responsibility for the donor relations with Mid-Level and
Low-Level individual donors
o Manage Business $ Donors.
o Oversee grant writing opportunities.o Support Development Director with Event and Campaign Implementation
This job operates in an often chaotic, loud environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
No travel expected for this position.
It is the policy of p:ear to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, p:ear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply: email resume, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org