We’re Hiring: Development Associate — HIRED!
May 9, 2023
May 9, 2023
***Position has been filled!***
TO APPLY: Please send resume and answers to two questions below as PDFs to the questions in lieu of a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Associate” in the subject line. The job will remain open until full. Email only, no phone calls, please – phone calls will not be returned. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview starting mid-May 2023.
- How will you incorporate equity into your work as Development Associate at p:ear?
- How do you build community and grow relationships?
p:ear builds positive relationships with homeless and transitional youth through education, art and recreation to affirm personal worth and create more meaningful and healthier lives.
At p:ear, our work starts with the realities of today. It ends when young people find and embrace tomorrow. Our beauty—our core-essence—is in everything in between. It’s in the kids, their daily experiences, their struggles, and triumphs. It’s in their journey. We believe every homeless youth has a vibrant future.
p:ear respects and celebrates the diversity, creativity and strength of our community. Equity and inclusion are a priority across all parts of our organization. We are committed to using our time and resources to help identify and eliminate disparities based on identity and to promote equitable access to our programs so we can all live in the world we want for our young people.
POSITION TITLE: Development Associate
FTE POSITION: 40 hours. Requires some evenings and weekends
COMPENSATION: $58,000 (40 hours / week). Benefits include generous paid vacation, eight sick days, 100% paid health + dental, 2% simple IRA match, short-term and long -term disability, life insurance, paid parental leave, flexible schedule with one day at home/four days in the office and sabbatical eligibility after 7 years of employment.
REPORTS TO: p:ear’s Development Director
This is a high energy, external facing position. The ideal candidate loves making connections with new people, thrives at social events, and enjoys creating new partnerships and resource development for an organization. This position is an opportunity to gain the skills and experience desired to be a future nonprofit leader. As a central member of the p:ear team, the Development Associate helps make p:ear’s work possible by:
- Continually building and strengthening the community that surrounds p:ear by inspiring and maintaining a pipeline of new and current supporters through fundraising, donor relations and marketing efforts.
- Being a capable and creative writer
- Utilizing owned, earned, and paid channels to ensure that donors feel connected to the culture and sense of community that is so tangibly present within its walls.
- Creating and managing content across multiple platforms
- Acknowledging and celebrating p:ear youth and supporters
- Having a passion for responsible storytelling
- Superior written, oral and online communication skills
- Shows a keen attention to detail
- Strong enthusiasm for fundraising and being out in the community